Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's has always been one of my favorite holidays. Although New Year's Eve celebrations have been hit or miss, (mostly hits) I love it anyway. I love the symbolism in the change of the calendar year; a logical time to reflect on the year's accomplishments and disappointments, successes and failures, lessons learned and lessons yet to be learned.  And a chance to start anew. It excites and energizes me. Though there certainly were some good times, I was ready to put 2007 to rest, much as I was 2006, and I am certain 2008 will bring many new friends, experiences, and wisdom.  

My 2008 resolutions, or Rebolutions as I am calling them this year, in no particular order:
1. Be still.  (I just added this one today upon receiving my I Ching reading.)
2. Run.  (No, this does not contradict number 1. And I am intentionally being non-specific.  I'd like to run competitively, but the goal is just to run, in general, as much as I can, and as fast as I can.)
3. Be on time.  Even early sometimes. Stop telling myself a few minutes late is still on time. 
4. Engage.  Fully.  In the moment. Pay attention. Be alert. 
5. Read more.   More everything!
6. Breathe more deeply. 
7. Be decisive/worry less/stop complicating things.  Order more quickly. Procrastinate less, especially at work. Okay, and and home. 
8. OHIO  - Keep papers organized and filed/recycled/shredded at home. 
9.  Be greener.  
10. Leave a light on.  (As long as it is an energy star compact fluorescent light). 

Happy New Year everyone!  May 2008 be full of love, laughter, and learning. 

2 comments:

kborn said...

OHIO? Those are good ones, I like them. Except the running thing, I don't like to run. :) My friend Nate is trying to arrange a mini-marathon in the cities this spring if you're interested...I'll let you know details if I find them out.

Anonymous said...

Only Handle It Once!