I've noticed many people start a blog because they're getting married, they're having a baby, or because they have some other significant life goal or event to share with the world. I am not like these people. I am an ordinary person with nothing particularly exciting to share. But perhaps this little spot in cyberspace will give me a place to be a little more than ordinary. Maybe I will be able to share an interesting thought or idea, make someone laugh, inspire someone, or learn something new. Maybe I don't need to be living an especially exciting life to have a blog. Maybe I can just be simply Jen.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Simply Jen
I've been told by more than one person in the past few months that I make things too complicated. They happen to be people who I believe to be right more often than I am (well, some of the time) so one of my latest mantras has been "stop complicating this." I've wanted to start a blog for awhile but was plagued with analysis paralysis as I could not decide what to call it. It should be catchy and clever and meaningful and unique and stand the test of time... I decided to stop complicating this simple step and go with simply jen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for you, friend! My old favorite friend has started what will be my new favorite blog.
yeah another blogger!! welcome to the worldwide web. :) I see you are now friends with my husband too. By having me join facebook, he has started to spread his wings and find friends!! YAY! And it's all thanks to your recommendation. THANKS JEN.
and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Jen I completely understand how you feel! I had no idea what to name my blog -- but I really like yours! I don't lead a particularly exciting life, no babies or anything to share with the world, but maybe a good dish I made or a book I read to share can be good enough for everyone! Congrats on the blog!
Happy New Year!
Hey Jen...now I have one more blog to read. Better be careful what you say!! :) :) I know 2008 will be better for you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment